Skip to Main Content

Every Ranger Every Reason Every Day


Student Registration

Welcome to our Student Registration page! 
If you are new to our district and need to register your child(ren), you're in the right place. ** If you are registering your student for Preschool or Kindergarten, please read the red text below. Preschool and Kindergarten registration for the 2022-2023 school year opens on May 2, 2022. **
If you have children already enrolled in our district, you still need to set up your new OneView Parent Account to update back-to-school information, including contact information, emergency medical information, acceptance of the school handbook, give permission for your child to use the internet, and our Free and Reduced Meals Application.
We have launched this online portal to make sending and receiving information more convenient and easy for everyone.

 For instructions on how to register your child in our district just click one of these links.
Hamilton Preschool Registration Instructions - Please note that to register your child for preschool, they must turn four years of age by September 30, 2022. If you have questions for Hamilton Preschool, you can call 614-491-8044 ext. 1219 or 614-491-8044 ext. 1231

Hamilton Kindergarten Registration Instructions - Please note that to register your child in kindergarten for the 2021/2022 school year, they must turn five years of age by September 30, 2022. If you have questions for Hamilton Elementary regarding Kindergarten, you can call 614-491-8044 ext. 1300.

If you do not have computer access, we will provide you with an online kiosk to complete either of these processes in our main office at 775 Rathmell Road, Columbus, OH 43207.
You can always contact our Centralized Student Registration office at 614-491-8044 ext. 1239 between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday to have any questions answered related to either setup. During the summer, our schedule changes to Monday - Thursday between 6:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
If you contact us after hours, please leave a detailed message on what you're calling about, and include your name and phone number when you call. We will get back to you as quickly as possible.

All required documents must be completed and brought with you during your scheduled appointment in order for your student to attend Hamilton Local Schools. We cannot keep your appointment if you are missing documents.

We need copies of your student's birth certificate, social security, shot records, proof of residency in our school district, and proof of custody if that applies to your family. Your child will not be considered enrolled until we have all documentation.
Please make all arrangements to obtain these items before scheduling your enrollment appointment.

Each child who is five years of age on or before September 30 shall be eligible to enroll in kindergarten. Each child who is six years of age on or before September 30 and who has successfully completed kindergarten shall be eligible to enroll in the first grade.

Students in grades K-3 that are registered prior to the first day of school are permitted to ride the bus to school. If you are registering a child that will attend our elementary school after the first day of school, they are required to have a parent/guardian take them to school on their first day of classes and should plan on arriving at 8:40 a.m. They are permitted to ride the bus home at the end of their first school day, and they are allowed to ride the bus to and from school every day following their first day.

If you have questions about the enrollment process or the paperwork you need, please call before your appointment. Your child will not be allowed to attend school without all documentation.

We appreciate all of your assistance in making the enrollment process efficient and look forward to having your student join our Hamilton Local Schools family.

Thank you,

-- Centralized Registration Department
614-491-8044 ext. 1239
Frequently Asked Questions

Q - My child’s previous school has a copy of their shot records and birth certificate. My high school student’s transcript is also at their old school. Can’t you get a copy of it from their previous school?
A - No. Many times, they don’t send your child’s records in a timely manner. You are required to submit a birth certificate, social security, shot, custody papers, and a copy of a transcript for high school students at the time of your enrollment appointment. Any high school student enrolling after the first semester of their freshman year are required to have a copy of their transcript showing all credits attempted and earned. Please obtain these before arriving at your appointment.

Q - We just moved and we won’t receive a utility bill for a month. What should we do to prove residency?

A - We will accept verification from the utility company that you’ve had the utilities turned on at your new address. Please contact the utility company (gas, electric, water) and ask for documentation that clearly has the utility company name on it as well as your name and address. This is in addition to providing a copy of your lease or mortgage.

Q - What do you need in order for me to prove I have custody of the children I’m enrolling in school?

A - We need a copy of any paperwork indicating there has been a legal change of custody. This may include a copy of your divorce decree or any legal changes to the decree that apply to custody, paperwork from a court system placing a child in your home, etc.

Q - My former spouse and I have a shared parenting agreement. We live in two different school districts. Can my child attend school in either school district? 

A - No. The child must attend school in the district of the "residential parent for school placement purposes" as stated in the divorce/separation agreement and/or shared parenting plan.

Q - When will my children start school?

A - They will start the first scheduled school day after you complete the enrollment process.

New Student Registration Instructions

Click the link above to download a PDF that includes instructions on how to register your child(ren) into Hamilton Preschool using our OneView registration system.
Click the link above to download a PDF that includes instructions on how to register your child(ren) into grades K-12 using our OneView registration system.

OneView Parent Portal Setup Instructions

All families need to setup a OneView Parent Portal account to update their child(ren)'s student demographic / EMA forms at the start of each school year, and whenever that info changes. Click this link for instructions on how to create your account.

Physical Education Waiver Form

Please take a moment to read this form if you believe your child should qualify for a physical education waiver.
© 2023. Hamilton Local Schools. All Rights Reserved.