District Meal Debt Procedures:
- No current debt: Cashier quietly informs student of insufficient funds and gives him/her a slip of paper to take home with the amount owed ("form" slip will be provided to cashiers).
- Every time a student has insufficient funds to purchase lunch, the student will be quietly reminded of the debt and an additional slip will be provided with the current debt.
- If a student reaches a total debt equal to three lunches (different debt amounts for each building), the student still receives a slip, and an additional Free and Reduced Lunch Application, but the cashier then reports this to the head cook.
- If you are unsure whether you qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch or not, please view this form. If you do not believe you qualify, you can complete this form to opt out of the Free and Reduced Lunch Form: INCOME ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES 2022-23.pdf
- Upon notification of students with lunch debts, the parents will be notified of the debt and asked to make arrangements for the repayment of the debt. Failure to secure payment from the parents will result in the debt being added to the student's fees.
- If a student accumulates a lunch debt of $25.00 or more, the assistant principal will contact Children's Service to report suspected neglect.