On Thursday, May 28 from 5-7pm we will have an evening item exchange event for Hamilton Elementary, Hamilton Intermediate, Hamilton Middle, and Hamilton Township High School. We will be accepting return of any district property and distributing student items that were left in their school buildings since our district closed for COVID-19. These items could include Chromebooks, Library Books, etc. that have been loaned to your child. Our team has bagged up all student items that were left in hall lockers, gym lockers, band rooms, desks for primary grades, etc.
Directions for exchanging items:
- Disinfect all items that you are bringing back BEFORE you pack them into bags to bring back to district.
- If you are returning a loaned Chromebook (and Charger) please bad it separately from any other items you're returning and label it with the PARENT'S NAME who signed the loan agreement to borrow the Chromebook.
- Bring masks in case you have to interact directly with our employees at the exchange.
- Parents need to make a postcard with the student's name on it so we can read it upon arrival.
- To expedite things for your elementary school student's exchange, include their teacher's name on the postcard.
- If you are returning any items OTHER THAN A CHROMEBOOK to your child's school -- bag up all of the items to be returned and label it clearly with your child's name and grade.
- ALL items being returned will need to be in the trunk or backseat so we can easily collect all of the materials being turned in.
- We will also use that same area to return any items being picked up from the school.
- This item exchange event is drive through ONLY.
- There will be no need for anyone to exit their cars to exchange items.
- All items will be loaded and unloaded by district staff working the events.
There is a possibility we could have lines of cars at our buildings for this event. We ask that you are patient while we work to help all of the families exchanging items. We will be working as safely and quickly as possible.
If you have any questions leading up to these exchange dates, you can always call your child's school at 614-491-8044.